Welcome to @OpenMS!
@OpenMS is an open-source C++ software library for LC-MS data management and analysis with python wrappers, a large modular toolset and workflows for e.g., Galaxy, KNIME and nextflow.
OpenMS is a community-driven open source project developed by a diverse group of contributors. The OpenMS leadership has made a strong commitment to creating an open, inclusive, and positive community. Please read the OpenMS Code of Conduct for guidance on how to interact with others in a way that makes the community thrive.
Here’s how to get started:
- 📚 Browse through the main library code under OpenMS/OpenMS
- 👩💻 Check out the documentation.
- 🙋♀️ Come and say hi on our or channels.
- 🍿 Tune in for news about developer/user meetings and events, get involved!
- 🌈 Please abide by our community code of conduct
We offer several communication channels to learn, share your knowledge and connect with others within the OpenMS community.
A real-time chat room to ask questions about contributing to OpenMS. This is a private space, specifically meant for people who are hesitant to bring up their questions or ideas on a large public mailing list or GitHub.
Similar to Gitter, Discord allows the users to communicate in different channels, publicly as well as privately
The issue tracker can be used for:
- bug reports (e.g. “Filter doesn’t work for 1D data”);
- documentation issues (e.g. “I found this section unclear”);
- and feature requests (e.g. “I would like to have a new interpolation method in
Following repositories can be used for specific purposes:
- OpenMS (Bug Reports, Feature requests)
- OpenMS-docs (Documentation related issues)
- OpenMS.de (Any issue related to website)
- pyopenms-docs (Any issue related to pyopenms)
In case if you are confused, please ask your query here
This list is the main forum for longer-form discussions, like adding new features to OpenMS, making changes to the OpenMS Roadmap, and all kinds of project-wide decision making.
There are two mailing list currently:
open-ms-announcements - Announcements about OpenMS, such as for releases, developer meetings, sprints or conference talks are made on this list.
open-ms-general - For addressing any queries or suggestion from the users.
Join the OpenMS community
To thrive, the OpenMS project needs your expertise and enthusiasm. Not a coder? Not a problem! There are many ways to contribute to openms.
If you are interested in becoming a OpenMS contributor (yay!) we recommend checking out our Contribute page.